Every leader should know how to manage a failure:
Ok, so my laptop crashed a couple days ago and wiped all the data and had a clean OS installed, and when it came up to what Instant Messenger(IM) to use I had doubts, so I did a little research, maybe it will help someone:
- Digsby – this a relatively young IM app, but it is really cool, and it has a lot features like integration with all the major IM services (i am not gonna mention them all here, you know them anyway), email notifications, social networking (Favebook, MySpace, Twitter, LinkedIn), customizable appearance and notifications, one more really cool feature that I liked is that it offers synchronization between PCs and installations, and of course the ability to place a widget on your blog or website is really cool and useful.
- Pidgin – cross platform, open source available for Windows and Linux IM. Actively supported and developed by users. As well pidgin is extensible, so this is a real gem who loves their IM super customized with all kinds of plug-ins. But it gets some bad points due to bugs and developer quarrels.
- Miranda IM – my favorite up until recently. Miranda is really resource efficient, so if you have a slower PC this definitely the best IM to go with. Additionally, with the choice of hundreds of plugins, icons, sounds and other content, Miranda IM gives you the ability to modify, customize and extend functionality to make it your own.
- Trillian – if you would have asked three years ago, there wouldn’t have been any competition, but in the recent years Trillian has lost a lot of users because the new development of Trillian Astra has taken too long and just recently they released a beta version. Non the less it is still promising and they promised a MAC and iPhone releases as well, just keeps me wondering how long it will take them🙂.
Some other IM clients that I looked at but didn’t include to the post where Meebo, Adium (probably the best IM for MAC OS X ), eBuddy. So and which one did choose at the end of the day? Miranda IM is still my favorite :)) What is your favorite IM client?
Become Comindwork Affiliate And Earn 50% of The First User Payment http://www.comindwork.com/Affiliates
Today while doing a keyword research for project management software, decided to go into a new area – knowledge management. I am working a lot with internet marketing and SEO, so I got used to check the competition in one area or another by the amounts and prices of advertising in that particular area. And i was actually surprised that competition is so low keywords like knowledge management tools, knowledge management software, sharing knowledge, knowledge sharing software, knowledge sharing tool. Actually the prices are as low as 0.05$/click. I truly believe this a great opportunity to boost advertising efforts for software that has knowledge management elements like Comindwork, or Centraldesktop. Well anyway I wanted to check what google thinks are the best knowledge management softwares, here is a small list from mu little research:
- BrainEKP – is pretty much based on visual knowledge sharing and management, pretty much like mind maps, looks interesting.
- Kneledgebase – knowledge management through articles and forums, I think this just wrong, then how this is better then a simple wiki?
- Interspire Knowledge Manager – now this really looks more of a knowledge management software, it offer knowledge sharing, integration, workflows, RSS syndication, statistics, imports and much more, this is a piece of software that really is worthwhile to get a look at.
- and I truly believe that with a little bit of customization any project management software that features wikis and collaboration options can be considered as a knowledge management software as well.
Do you use any knowledge management software? I personally love wikis :))
This morning i was struggling with twhirl, it didn’t want to update my twitter status, so i thought i’d check the Twitter home page, and there i see this:
do you think it is the real reason?
@jgd3, @danleach you could check out a web based app http://ping.fm/VZKn2